Thursday, October 26, 2017

19A - Idea Napkin No. 2

You. Who you are. What your talents are. What your skills and experiences are. Also: what are your aspirations? Specifically regarding your business concept, how do you see this business (if you were to start it) playing a role in your life?
I am a very outgoing and welcoming person. In regards to my B&B business concept, I believe that these traits would help me make my guests feel comfortable and at home. I see my concept playing a huge roll in my life because I would want to make it a second home to myself and others.

What are you offering to customers? Describe the product or service (in other words, how you'll solve customers' unmet needs).
I am offering a comfortable, unique, and modern vacation to my customers. I will provide the elegance and services of a luxury hotel, with the personalization and comfort of staying with a friend.

Who are you offering it to? Describe, in as much detail as possible, the demographic and psychographic characteristics of your customers. Think especially of this question: what do your customers all have in common?
The target demographic for this property will be young-middle aged couples who are looking for a relaxing trip where they can truly get involved with the local scenery. These guests do not want to feel like they are being suffocated with attention, but they do want recommendations and interesting conversation when possible. They are also social people who enjoy the idea of spending time with others when on a trip.

Why do they care? Your solution is only valuable insofar as customers believe its valuable to them. Here, explain why customers will actually pay you money to use your product or service.
Guests will choose to stay at our facility because not only are we a resting place, but we will have food options, comfortable lounge areas, and we will be deeply connected to our local surroundings. We will have the best advice and tips on how to conquer the surrounding area and we will provide transit to our guests.

What are your core competencies? What sets you apart from everyone else? Also: what do you have that nobody else has?
My core competencies are my advertising experience and my ability to communicate with others. I feel like this combination makes me a unique individual and someone with strong potential in the hospitality field.

In addition to these five elements, please spend a paragraph evaluating whether you believe these elements fit together or whether there are aspects of your business concept that are weaker / out-of-joint with the others.
I believe that these concepts fit together very well. I think that my background in both marketing and hospitality would help me to make this business concept a success. I think that my plan is fairly cohesive, however, I would need to fully establish my brand personality before I begin the full development of my idea. Overall, I am excited for the idea and for what is to come.

For the "feedback memo" -- please summarize at least two main points that you took away from the feedback you received. Also, please describe how you incorporated the feedback into this idea napkin.

I did not receive any feedback on my previous assignments, but I believe that I identified items that I could work on in this idea napkin.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea that you're service would give guests the personal touch of knowing the area and the customs. Offering transportation, recommendations, and just general friendship are all great differentiators between your company and other similar companies out there. I think that this niche is one you should certainly pursue. Great work in this post and as always I look forward to seeing more from you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erika,
    I think that your idea is great. It seems as though you are catering to the millennial generation. We are known to like the mix of luxury and personalization yet i don't know of many hotels that offer that experience. Since it seems like you're targeting a relatively untapped segment, I think that you are likely to find a lot of success. Great post!

    ReplyDelete