Wednesday, October 11, 2017

14A - Halfway Reflection

1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?

I have learned that procrastination is not a way to succeed in this course. This semester I have multiple online classes and I have finally figured out that you should be working on each class every day. This way, when submission or exam time comes, you are not overly stressed.

2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?

During this class I definitely had to think outside of the box. Especially when completing assignments that asked me to come up with entrepreneurial ideas. You cannot force those types of ideas, instead you must develop them organically and that can be a bit stressful. I do feel like this course has changed my attitude of tenacity because I am much more forward thinking, especially in my idea generation.

3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?

1- Confront issues directly

2- Search for opportunities


3- Do not be afraid of sounding stupid, just go for it

2 comments:

  1. You made a great point about developing ideas organically. I feel like when we first started this course we all tried to just sit down and do an assignment like we had always done. This course really teaches us that it's far easier ton just be thinking of these types of things throughout your day to day life. You do a good job of tying back into that with your second tip to a potential student. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika,

    I can't agree more with your point about the procrastination. I am a person who have this problem, and I always wait to the last second to do my assignments. However, I push me to do all the assignments ealier this semester because I feel like it's impossible to do them well without preparation. I also think your three tips for future students are really helpful. Good job!

    ReplyDelete