Thursday, August 31, 2017

My Entrepreneurship Story


Throughout my life I have always been passionate about food and baking. These interests developed further with age. I started out baking in the kitchen with my grandmother and as I’ve gotten older, there have been more opportunities for me to learn newer and more difficult techniques.  
These learning opportunities have since advanced into business prospects. This began when I my mom and her friends would pay me to make baked goods for their events. Now I frequently work with close friends and family and hope to one day turn my passion into an entrepreneurial career in food.

I have chosen to take ENT3003 because it fulfills a requirement for my specialization and it is an area that may pertain to my future career path. I hope to gain an understanding of the requirements for the field and I would also love to be inspired by the work of others around me. 


2 comments:

  1. Erika,

    I'm glad you found your passion for baking early so you can start thinking about entrepreneurial opportunities after graduation! The fact that people are already purchasing your baked goods gives you a good amount of consumers before starting your own business. I also agree with your reasoning for enrolling in this class. Entrepreneurship is very intriguing to me and I would like to have insight on the requirements and business processes if I decide to start up a business myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika,

    Since you said that your mother and her friends would pay you to make baked goods for them, I believe that you have already had the mature skill for baking. I personally like baking too, but I don't have opportunity to learn it yet. Also, I hope and believe you definitely will have a good entrepreneurial career in the thing you love.

    ReplyDelete